Flounder season is upon us! Come join us at Sea Gate Boating for an informative seminar featuring guest speaker and local fisherman Captain Rick (Rod-Man) Bennet.
Cost of admission is free. However, capacity will be limited to observe social distancing requirements. Make sure to reserve your spot early so you don’t miss out!
The seminar will be on Friday, September 4th, 2020 from 6:30-8:30pm. The event will be held at the Hampton Inn located at 124 Old Eastwood Rd, Wilmington, NC 28403. The hotel bar will be open for those who would like to purchase drinks.
Captain Rick will focus primarily on inshore and near shore fishing, specifically flounder, red drum, trout and other inshore species.
Flounder season will only last a limited time, so join us for the seminar and then contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to book your time on the water and put your new knowledge into practice.
Boating Amid COVID-19
Thanks to all who enjoyed our boats this summer amid the COVID-19 pandemic! This summer has been very active. It has been a joy seeing family and close friends enjoying the boats!
Boating is a great way to recreate while keeping a distance from the masses of people and the virus.
As you may be aware, we curtailed our normal group excursions and activities this summer. Things are now becoming clearer as to what activities we can resume.
One is the fishing seminar announced above. If you are interested in fishing, and learning from an expert, please come out and join us by RSVPing for this event.
We cannot yet provide the traditional excursions where we take larger groups of unrelated people out in boats. We have, however, been training individuals and families. We will continue to provide individual, and now, small-group instruction on boats to teach the following:
- INSHORE & OFFSHORE FISHING: This instruction includes how to navigate and pilot boats through backwater creeks and out into the offshore waters into the fertile fishing grounds.
- BEACHING ON BARRIER ISLANDS such as Lea Island, Mason Inlet and Masonboro. Instruction includes how to navigate through the back waters and how to beach a boat without getting it stuck.
- CAPE FEAR RIVER NAVIGATION and reaching destinations such as Bald Head Island, Southport, & Downtown Wilmington.
- DOCKING a boat in current and tight spaces. Once you learn the fundamentals you are on the quickest path to master the techniques.
- CRABBING: We provide free commercial-grade crab traps for our Members. Learn how to bait and set them. We’ll show you easy ways to prepare and cook. Catch plenty for a feast with your family and friends!
Please tell us if you are interested in participating by emailing us at email@example.com.
Thank you very much for your patronage! We value your business and the wonderful friendships we’ve made!!!
If you are not already a Member, now is a great time to join! Feel free to call and describe your individual needs so we can guide and serve you with the best boating options.